Now that you have more time at home (and that goes for all of us), why not experiment a little bit more with drinks outside the norm?
This post will give you an easy iced coffee recipe, but with a twist. The Dalgona Coffee, or for the simple folk, whipped coffee, is the new craze that picked up steam from Tik Tok. So what is it exactly? In its simplest form, it is a coffee beverage that packs equal punches of water, sugar, and here's the key... instant coffee. Yes, instant coffee. Trust me, you'll want to use this because of the higher caffeine content. Lastly, this base ingredient is poured over ice milk.
It's so easy to make, and to be honest, there's not much coffee in it. Unless you choose to up the ante.
So anyways, let's get down to the nitty gritty...
ADCR's Dalgona (Whipped Coffee) Recipe
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar (white or brown)
- 8 oz. milk
- Boil, microwave, or heat up water
- In a small bowl, add the instant coffee, sugar and hot water.
- With a whisk, or electric hand mixer, mix until desired consistency. Note if you go with the whisk, hope you've got the forearms of the Hulk to support the task!
- In a separate serving glass, add ice and milk
- Top the milk with the whipped coffee mixture
- Ready to serve
- BONUS: Add some cocoa powder as a topping
There you have it. Enjoy this new wave of social media drinks. Let us know if you have tried our version and/or made any tweaks of your own.
Also, do not try to use regular or brewed coffee. It won't work. Not from experience tho! =P